Tuesday 10 February 2009

pieces

I watch her writhe and struggle,

As she tries to pick up the shards of glass.

With nobody to help her,

But for Self-pity,

Kneeling beside her and weeping,

Holding shards,

Each with a little reflection of herself,

Each a piece of her own essence.


I watch him lying by the side of the road,

Naked and unconscious,

For all the world to see his Nothingness.


I watch them gaze shyly at each other,

Look away as I near them,

Revel in their newfound love,

As Time watches them from afar and sighs,

Staring at his nails,

Waiting for his time to come.


I watch him toil,

As Indifference stands beside him,

Helping him juggle his work,

And his people,

Like they are his toys.


I watch as he weaves a magic spell,

Charm oozes, deadly, smooth.

The spell works,

His invisible web has caught them.

He will fatten them up with

His Charm and illusions of Love,

Finish them off when he is bored.


I watch myself decide, then dissipate,

Un-decide, squander, wander.

I watch myself question, question again,

Till all I have are questions.

Indecision clawing at me,

Restlessness keeping me up at night.


I watch her bite, claw and lick her wounds,

As she tries getting rid

Of the Pain,

And what is sucking out her soul.


I watch him watch her,

Weaving a plan,

As Despair finishes off what’s left of him.


I watch as her daughter curses her,

Impulse gnawing at her,

As it gnaws at youth.

Then I watch as she cries,

Self-hatred and Regret speaking inside her head.

She knows her mother was trying to protect her.

The way her own mother did not.


I watch as her hands tremble

As she picks up the phone to call him.

Her heartbeat quickening,

Fear creeping up on her from behind,

A slow smile on his face,

And enveloping her in his bubble.


I watch myself smile,

And wonder who is watching me.

Is it Love?

Is it Peace?

Maybe Relief?

Or is it even me at all…

No comments: