Wednesday 26 November 2008

November rain


The branch sways like flimsy lace,

Tears pouring down its rugged face.

Doors banging open and shut,

Thunder rolling in the power cut.


Grey skies, clouds flying,

My dog in her corner, crying.

Darkness consumes my home,

As I ignore the world and my phone.


Hard, heavy, cold rain,

Hoping it’ll wash away the pain,

The boredom, frustration, the grey.

But it’s the rain who wins the fray.


Slashing against helpless glass panes,

The city handicapped as it rains.

The November rain ushering in

A New Year; maybe one without anymore sin.


Huddled watchmen, empty roads,

The crisp air filling my pores.

It’s not so bad, I think.

Bringing me back from the brink.

Where I nearly fell into a pit again,

An abyss where I won’t have a friend.


Lyrics of a song flash through my head,

Thoughts of a new beginning consume me instead.

I step back from the black hole,

From people who suck out my soul.


The dogs frolic in the water,

A mother screams for her daughter.

The wind continues to rage against the tree,

But this time it’s to make her free.


My phones buzzes, power returns.

Something in the distance my dog discerns.

I ignore the buzzing and the light.

Make my way back into my thoughts, the deep night.

No comments: